Mark Clennon is an NYC based artist specializing in editorial, commercial and documentary photography. His goal is to capture the black experience in its totality—joy, pain, and triumph.
Clennon, a Florida native and graduate of The University of South Florida, describes his work as whimsically defiant.
- TIME Magazine
- The New Yorker
- New York Magazine
- ESSENCE Magazine
- Interview Magazine
- W Magazine
- L'officiel USA
- Dapper Dan Gucci
- Roc Nation
- Citi Bank
- The FADER
- CULTRECON (The CCNYC)
- Huffington Post
- JET Magazine
- CRWN Magazine
Today At Apple, New York
In 2020, I led a sold-out photography fireside chat, keynote and workshop at Apple Fifth Avenue in New York City with The Creative Collective NYC
My conversation with founder Imani Ellis was about my growth as a photographer since picking up the camera for the first time in 2016.
For my 40 minute keynote and workshop I challenged my creative peers and attendees to break the classic rules of photography to create more compelling portraits.
Air Jordan, Paris
In 2019 I was chosen alongside five other creatives to represent Jordan Brand at Paris Fashion week.
While in Paris, I participated in the 23 Engineered apparel in-store campaign. Shot by Kwabena Appiah-nti
- TIME: The Story Behind the Photograph of Protesters Outside of Trump Tower That Resonated Around The World
- The New Yorker: Photo Booth - Scenes from the George Floyd Memorial in Brooklyn
- INTERVIEW MAGAZINE: MARK C ON THE “WHIMSICAL DEFIANCE” OF HIS WORK
- GQ: 25 Black Photographers on What Drives Their Work
- TIME: After the Death of George Floyd: Voices Behind the Most Powerful Protest Photos
- TIME: Why The Killing of George Floyd Sparked an American Uprising
- NEW YORK MAGAZINE: Scenes From the Enduring Protests in New York
- Apple: Today at Apple: Photo Lab with Mark Clennon
- W MAGAZINE: For Some Protest Photographers, There’s No Such Thing as Neutral
- VOGUE UK: 10 Black Photojournalists Give Personal Accounts From The US Protests
- Okayplayer: Five Freelance Creatives On How They Are Adjusting to COVID-19 Quarantine
- Huffpost: Photo Series Highlights The Intimate Bond Between Black Fathers And Their Sons
- Huffpost: 56 Afropunk Photos That Remind Us Being Black Is Lit
- Huffpost: Visual Story: The Role of Social Media in Social Movements
- Huffpost: These Glorious Pictures From CurlFest Show Off The Beauty Of Natural Hair
- ESSENCE: This Stunning and Stylish Ode to Brooklyn Has us Ready to Shop For Spring
- ESSENCE: 'Primarily Retro' is the Fashion Inspiration You Need to Push Through the Wintertime Blues
- ESSENCE: Go Back to the Roaring '20s With These Fabulous Looks From the 12th Annual Jazz Age Lawn Party
- JET: Creative Spotlight : Mark Clennon
- How to Harness Your Creativity — Fresh Ideas From Mark Clennon
- Creativity Through the Lens of 10 Rising Photographers
- Rising and Shining with Peerspace x URBNFRESH
- Photographer Mark Clennon Wants an Apple Watch, but Really Needs
- FORMAT: Spotlight On: Mark Clennon - Format
Actual Client Feedback
Mark, these are AMAZING!!!
So beautiful. Really warmed my heart. You have such a gift!
Wow. These are incredible, Mark! I just took a quick glance and will dig in deeper shortly, but damn, awesome work!
mark these are fuckin 🔥🔥
i cannot wait to show these to my team tomorrow! i will let you know if i need anything else
Thank you so so so much for killing Saturday’s shoot. You’ve believed in us since the very beginning and I am so incredibly thankful to have you in our corner. You’re so incredible and I am in constant awe of you & your work.
woahh Mark 😱😱😱
i’m sooooo fuckin impressed
these look awesome sir
Those are amazing
You why are you so 🔥🔥🔥🔥
Can you send them to my email?
Good brother —
Thank you so much. Your gift is unmatched.
Never stop growing.
Omfgggg I love those tho
holy sh*t mark these are so good
you killed that [redacted] shoot btw 😱😱. you’re praises are being sung
so happy for you
Mark!! These are awesome!!! THANK YOU for making room in your schedule to make this happen, and making the experience so much fun!
The images are so great – exactly what I was envisioning and [redacted] added a nice dramatic touch. We definitely got what we needed!
Awesome, thanks so much. Really appreciate the quick work and creative vision – I’m so glad we could make it work! Definitely looking forward to working on more stuff together in the future.
Pictures are flawless. You’re too gifted for words. Thank you. I sent you payment via [redacted].
Photos look amazing! Everyone in the office is obsessed.
THANK YOU SOOOOOO good sheesh mark
WOW. truly speechless, incredible Mark!
Mark, photos look amazing and the team was stoked with your work- I’ll circle back later today with a confirmation your requisition has been opened in Flex.
These are amazing Mark! Between us, my favorite! THANK YOU.
Amazing!! Also, I know it's pretty obvious but I gotta say, these are incredible images Mark. Just, incredible!
These images are so beautiful, we are really really happy with them.
Thanks for being a part of this project.